Airdrie FIFO & TAP Pool Leagues 2020/2021 Season
We are excited to provide you with pool league during these unprecedented times. We are also grateful to the venues for allowing us to play amidst the restrictions they must follow. To ensure the safety of our players, friends, families and respect the venues allowing us to play this year the following protocols are required by the Public Health Inspector to do our part in preventing the spread of Covid-19 virus. We strongly encourage ALL to do their part and follow the recommendations by the health inspector.
1. Maximum 6 people per dining table. Each team will have one 6-person table provided. There should not be more people attending than there is seating for. Captains try to organize your team play/players to minimize the number of players per night.
2. Players are not permitted to move or “mingle” amongst other dining tables. If players aren’t playing in a game, they should be at their reserved table.
3. Ensure all players wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before & after playing.
4. Ensure that players physically distance from opposing players as much as possible. A Coin flip to determine first break instead of a lag. A verbal good game should be used instead of a handshake.
5. Disinfect all balls and portions of the table that can be disinfected before league play begins and after league play ends.
6. Discourage players from bringing others to watch games as this just adds to the numbers and increases the risk.
Here are some things, we are doing to assist in the above requirements and help stop the spread.
1. All payments must be paid by e-transferred via email. If you do not have e-transfer please contact your league operator to arrange another form of payment.
2. We will have Team designates to help with sanitization before and after matches.
3. Electronic scoring for Singles and TAP, FIFO Standard and Open divisions may need to start with paper, but we hope to have electronic in place shortly.
4. We must have “ALL” Players Names and Contact Information, we encourage Email as well, so we can send updates and newsletters.
5. For Team match play (Monday/Tuesday/Thursday), tables will be opened at 645 pm and closed after the last game. Captains will be accountable for informing the venues, that matches are done.
6. We encourage/ask — that if you have been in contact or have symptoms, to please inform your captain/league contact and stay home. The leagues will evaluate situations and do our best, if make up matches are required due to player attendance.
7. In closing — we recognize that ALL may have different opinions and situations, we encourage that ALL are respectful to our fellow players and friends. We are ALL in this together and ALL need to do our part.
Thank You from your League Operators!